Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Longest Weekend Ever...

I'm sick. I got it from my little boy and I have no voice..I have like a million things to do but I am drained. I am a task master, I love a to do list, a challenge, a purpose basically, my friends can tell you I have insane energy reserves, but sometimes illness and sometimes a really long exhausting weekend make me slow down. No not slow down. Completely stop functioning. I'm afraid tomorrow it's back to life.

Anyway, last week's festivities where kicked off with a trip to the beach the day before Thanksgiving (How lucky are we?). It was the baby's first trip there and the weather couldn't have been nicer. I went with two friends and all our crazy kids swam in the cold ocean. After the beach we went to the pier and the kids saw two street performers one of which blew fire out if his mouth. I hate to admit it but I was less than thrilled about going to the pier, the beach was one thing, but I was exhausted and nursing on a bench, it was dark, getting chilly and honestly I just wanted to curl up on my couch and watch Pushing Daisies. Oh did I mention I was starving, my appetite, now, while nursing is like triple what it was when I was pregnant. Anyway the only pics I got of the beach..



Thanksgiving was awesome though. We celebrated with two other families were really good friends with. My family Thanksgiving dinner was on Saturday. I made the greatest twice baked sweet potatoes you've ever seen for both dinners actually (you HAVE TO try these I've made them 3 yrs in a row and people fight over them). For my family dinner I found the BEST recipe for cranberry sauce. I mean like off the charts. It made a lot so we put some over cream cheese and ate it with crackers but I'm telling you the possibilities are endless. Possible topping for ice cream, waffles, Pork Tenderloins...I could go on. It was so good my mom made me make a second batch to take home. I ommitted the nuts and for my 1 cup of dry fruits I used dried apricots. Yummm. Below is my sweet potatoe at my friends house...so interesting I know..


No pics of the family one (that was the day I got sick) but it was my Birthday on Sunday. We haven't celebrated yet. It was Sunday and I was sick and all but I my sweet mother came over and wrote me the sweetest card and gave me a Home Depot gift card for paint for the house we're buying..official news to come soon. My friend also came by and got me the last season of Gilmore Girls and a great oil from Body shop to diffuse in my house..smells amazing. She spent the day with me, we ate leftovers and sat on the couch feeding the babies. Her little girl was born 10 days before mine. I proceeded to spend that night and the whole next day watching the shows. I practically missed the whole season when it was on. I love that show. I love it. I laughed, I cried, I curled up with medicine and the kids all day yesterday.
She eats my hair...





Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Janet said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!! Sorry you're feeling so awful - it's so incredibly hard when you get sick but have 2 littlies to keep running around after. Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

Liz Harrell said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. It always seems to happen that way, on an important date. I was sick one year for Christmas, had fever of 102 on Christmas day. What a bite! Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

PS. I love Pushing Daisies too!

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better! And happy belated birthday!!!! Can't wait to hear more on the house...Oh and I am going to have try those recipes!