Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Update

My weekend wasn't as productive as I hoped and as it turns out I cannot not watch TV or turn on my computer. I just can't. Especially once I make my mind up not to do it, the rebellious child in me becomes obsessed with the thing I'm not supposed to do. That's the first thing I learned this weekend and here are the others.

The baby may very well be teething, if she is, thank goodness for the advice of blogger friends and for the following arsenal of products. (the Calms Forte is for me so I can cope with the constant crying--if you haven't tried this, it's great. It's homeopathic and just two really help with nerves, and they are not strong enough to be used as a sleep aid so don't worry*) Biter Biscuits are for older babies but I read up on it and it's fine since she's already eating baby food. Also, they kept her very entertained for a long time, they were a complete disgusting mess though (I'd forgotten about that) so I may not use them after all. The baby is doing better, I think she just is not ready to be weaned from breastfeeding, and really needs to be entertained more, she's also getting back into her routine and letting her dad hold her.The next thing I learned is that my 4 year old is not naughty, he really isn't the problem, I am. I have to learn to be more patient and give him more one-on-one attention. That was easy, we had a great weekend.

And no, while I didn't make it to the park or the library, I did get to return the stuff at Forever 21 and I got some great jeans at Nordstrom and a new bra..OH and I didn't bake anything but I did make Lasagna and I went with my mom and sister-in-law to get a pedicure, but I didn't get one (there were only 3 ladies and only 2 were available, so my mom and sister-in-law got pedi's)I think I'll have to do a post about my problem with Asian Nail Places.

In the meantime, here are some things I bought this weekend.

I found the Knitting for dummies at Target, in the $1 section, so of course I had to go get some supplies. Martha has lots of knitting projects here.
Oh and I think I'm gonna try making some baby clothes, just for fun. This may turn out to be a total disaster, but I really need a new skill. And if you ignore the hideous fabrics, these dresses could be really cute.Also, I'm really into Coral lately, first my day planner (see it behind the teething stuff above) and now this sweater for $9.50 at Forever21. I got two different colors. And do you feel overwhelmed in that store or is it just me??
Oh and for something that's actually important I found a great little tool for the upcoming elections. In this website you can compare two presidential candidates side-by-side and it gives you the skinny on where they stand on the major issues. I'm sorry I just don't really have the time to do the legwork myself, this keeps me somewhat informed and I don't come off as an irresponsible dum-dum to my hubby who is OBSESSED with politics.. Check it out.

So my weekends never turn out as I plan, I end up feeling bad I didn't do enough, I didn't have enough fun, but as Seamus Heany said "Even if the hopes you started out with are dashed, hope has to be maintained." ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments: