Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer's Shower

Today I hosted a Baby Shower for my friend. She's having her third and it's her first boy. Here are some of the things I did...

The invitations
You can't tell in the picture but the paper was really pretty-- irridescent-ish
The Cake..Yumm. Chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream filling and chocolate buttercream frosting..
The banner
my papercutter is in storage otherwise I would've but those into triangles...
Some cute black & white pics I took of her and her girls..very amateur but it looked sweet.
Her friend and co-host made most of the food which I didn't take a picture of, but I did make this cranberry chutney/sauce and poured it over cream cheese. This is one of my FAVORITE recipes. So much so that in November I buy fresh cranberries in bulk and freeze them so I can make this all year. It's actually a thanksgiving cranberry sauce the recipe is here. I add a little extra sugar or it's super tart and for the dried fruit I use whatever I can find usually dried apricots.
My favorite thing though was bacon wrapped water chestnuts her friend made. Sounds weird but they were amazing. She cuts a package of bacon down the middle and wraps one piece around a whole chestnut (the canned ones)they go in the oven 350 for 45 minutes or until bacon is crispy and then pours a sauce over them. The sauce (sounds crazy but oh my..) is about 3/4 c brown sugar, 3 big dollops (with a soup spoon) of mayo and a little hot sauce. Try it. You'll thank me.
The game
This was gross. I don't think I'll do this again. It's melted candy bars in the diapers.
This game everyone loved. It was my version of baby shower sensosketch (like in cranium) we paired up the ladies, one was the artist one was the guesser and the artists all saw the card and all drew at the same time with their eyes closed. First group to guess won...and we did best out of 6 or 8..They got great gifts from Bath and Body works..
We had punch but this water was so pretty. A girl at the shower said she went to a nice spa where they had pineapples and orange slices in the ice water...yumm ( the dispenser I bought at Sam's club)
The favors. I melted milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips (with a little wax so the chocolate adheres..wax made for food) then I spread the melted chocolate on a plate and rolled the pretzel rods in it. The baggies are made for pretzel rods I got those at Joanns.

There were lots of gifts. She actually got 2 cribs (crazy!) ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mrs. Limestone said...

You did such a beautiful job. Love the cake - sometimes simplicity is best.

I have to say that the candy bar in a diaper thing totally grosses me out. But everything else was gorgeous. She is one lucky momma :)