Thursday, August 6, 2009

THE BEST Whole Wheat Bread EVER!


I've tried at least five whole wheat bread recipes. This one is my absolute favorite. (I had to bug my friend for months to share this)
I know you can't see that very well so here goes:
Measure ingredients In order listed into Baking Pan:(of bread machine--I got mine for $7 at Goodwill)
1 1/2 Cups Water
2 T. Powdered Milk
2T. Shortening
2T. Honey
2T. Molasses
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
3 1/3 Cups Whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast

secure baking pan. close lid. select: Whole Grain Setting (my machine burns bread in this setting I selected basic bread with light crust and it turned out perfect..) Oh cool on rack so the bottom doesn't get soggy. The outside will be slightly crisp and the inside is soft but hearty.

It is so so good.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Allan said...

You are right, this is the best 100% whole wheat bread! I have tried many and my whole family agrees your recipe is the best. Thanks

stephanie said...

thanks, haydee! i will definitely have to try this one. it looks delicious.